Sabre Corporation is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre operates offices in approximately 60 countries around the world. At Sabre, we make travel happen. Positioned at the center of the business of travel, our platform connects people with experiences that matter in their lives. Today, Sabre is creating a new marketplace for personalized travel. It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs or our airline, hotel and travel agency customers. Join our journey!
Job Description The Head of Sales will be a member of the Travel Solutions team reporting to the Regional Director for Western Europe and South Africa. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the South African Commercial Team, as well as the local Customer Solutions Team responsible for developing and implementing sales initiatives and business plans. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in Account Management and a good understanding of the South African landscape, with the ability of leading a dynamic team.
• Full accountability for leading the Travel Solutions commercial organization and delivering sustainable results in the South African market (this highly recognized position is responsible for individual and unit annual sales goals).
• Drive changes to the commercial model and bring new revenue streams.
• Deliver sustainable profit as well as the market share growth in the South African market.
• Lead both Sales and Customer Solution Partners teams with efforts resulting in the development and implementation of designated sales initiatives and business plans.
• Responsible for developing and nurturing multiple key client relationships with the South African customers complemented with superior customer service
• Responsible for the overall satisfaction, acquisition, retention & development of the assigned Accounts.
• Responsible for delivering world class products and services through profitable renewal, conversion and new sale development.
• Maintain and develop a network of strategic partners to ensure optimal market penetration.
• They may also monitor the performance of a cross functional teams of consultants, individual contributors and sales people internally and externally connected to Sabre.
• Maintain a high level of customer involvement with responsibility for establishing Sabre as the market leader in this segment.
• Maintain a highly visible presence in the South African market and within Sabre by actively driving the sales activities and developing best practices.
Job Requirements Must Have Skills:
• Proven track record in a commercial leadership role with full P&L responsibility.
• Strategic thinker with a strong commercial acumen.
• Proven experience in account management.
• Expertise in both the strategic and tactical aspects of leading the sales and account management function with ability to build and maintain strong relationships internally and externally.
• Extensive understanding of the South African market landscape including competitive information, key trends, opportunities and threats.
• Proven ability of influencing cross-functional teams within a matrix organization.
• Strong internal and external customer relationship-building and negotiation skills.
• Extensive people management experience with ability to motivate and lead through a change.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to lead and direct multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work in a competitive and targeted sales environment.
Nice to Have Skills:
• University degree, MBA an asset.
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above is not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business requirements.
We will give careful consideration to your application and review your details against the position criteria. You will receive separate notification as your application progresses. Please note that only candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role will proceed in the selection process.
Join our life community at Sabre by following us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedInApply
Share this job
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company. Primary Responsibilities Collaborates with the relevant stakeholders to devise, set, and manage the implementation of the regional strategy. Ultimate responsibility for regi...
With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transpo...
Regional Field Sales Executive South Africa (Limpopo) With over a million customers trusting PayJoy, it’s increasingly important that our apps and services operate with integrity and high availability while keeping our customers' data confidentia...
Accessibility/Disability Access: If you require assistance or an accommodation with the application process, please contact 510-741-6009. Location ZA-Johannesburg Requisition ID 2021-25257 # of Openings 1 Category Sales Overview To manage/l...
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future ...
Service Operations Specialist , South Africa Beckman Coulter Life Sciences Location Johannesburg, South Africa Category Customer Support Job Id R1166146 The role of the Service Operational Specialist is critical to Afr...
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa Salary: Salary is negotiable with benefits. Recruiter: PDS Consulting Job Ref: PDS 039 Summary: Human Resources Director, South Africa Job Description Leading International Logistics/Freight Company seeking...
Job Description ENGIE Asia Middle East and Africa (AMEA) ENGIE group is a global reference in low-carbon energy and services. Together with our 170,000 employees, our customers, partners and stakeholders, we are committed to accelerate the transition...